I deeply wish for an all–around better,
more ecologically-friendly world.
In approaching problems that span from the smallest to the most massive scales, and involve tackling deep systems–problems that no singular “design” alone can possibly fix, I remain optimistic that there is truly good work left to be done — work that will actually leave everyone and the planet(s!) better off.
Larger–scale works I think about all the time:
- Physical–digital product systems for colonists on Mars
- Building a Network of the Dead, a dynamic relation–construction of dead folks
- Open source learning (self-actualization) networks
Subjects I’ve recently been curious about, and have begun to seriously research:
- New hegemonic formats of communication, “The New American Interface”
- Virtual reality web browsing, or how we can break the glowing rectangle
- Manufacturing methodologies, and how they can be easily communicated
I’m tinkering with these things:
- Computerless Website Creation
- Physical affordance recontextualisation, imbuing simple objects with prior memories